Berndt Friberg Gustavsberg Sweden 1974 Studio Art Pottery Hand Made Blue Vase.
Berndt Friberg Gustavsberg Sweden 1974 Studio Art Pottery Hand Made Blue Vase
- Berndt Friberg Gustavsberg Sweden 1974 Studio Art Pottery Hand Made Blue Vase
- One of a kind hand made vase with fantastic color and glaze.
- Excellent condition. No chips, cracks, damage or repair of any kind. Some thick glaze to the base edge.
- Bottom marked with Friberg, date letter and Gustavsberg studio hand.
- Vase is 3" tall and 4 1/4" wide.
- Berndt Friberg’s ceramic vessels were each personally hand thrown and therefore unique. He paid meticulous attention to detail, and would destroy any work that did not meet his exacting standards. His pieces were also distinctive for their exquisite matte glazes, which he developed with Chinese and Japanese traditions in mind. The glaze is characterized by a “hare’s fur” effect that looks like delicate striations where the glaze is applied and gives depth to his pieces. Friberg created his signature ceramics up until his death in 1981.
Click here to shop our entire inventory of over 2500 pieces of art pottery.
Complete satisfaction is always guaranteed.
We deal only in art pottery and specialize in large estate collections.
If you have pottery to sell, please contact us . We are actively buying entire collections and individual pieces.